HABC Level 2 Award in First Aid at Work
This qualification is suitable for those, who have been chosen by their organization for the risk assessment for first aid, or a starter who wishes to pursue their career in safety. This course is typically done as one day course, in which the participants are imparted theoretical and practical knowledge in offering first aid. The course is conducted by a qualified tutor as per the norms laid down by HABC.
- Identification of roles and responsibility of first aider
- Recognizing the need to establish consent to provide first aid
- Spreading awareness amongst employees in reducing accidental injuries
- Description of safe use of first aid equipment
- Surveying an accident scene for potential reasons and documenting them
- Case studies of incidents as with reference to helping
- Assessing and acting on a casualty’s level of consciousness
- Understanding the importance of placing an unconscious casualty into recovery position
- Managing a casualty who is undergoing a possible seizure
- Recognizing & demonstrating the need to commence Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Administering first aid to a casualty who is undergoing choke
- Describing the identification of casualty with a partially blocked airway/completely blocked airway
Candidates who successfully complete the course would be awarded “Emergency First Aid in the Workplace” certificate and shall be eligible for higher level courses offered by HABC in first aid.